I have always been an athlete striving for perfection in all sports. I competitively played soccer for my entire life, and I have also competed in tennis, lacrosse, and basketball. I really enjoy coaching CrossFit classes and working 1 on 1 with athletes to develop specific skills. There is nothing more rewarding than seeing people achieve goals they once didn’t think were possible.
I was introduced to Crossfit in Queens, New York, while completing my residency at Lincoln Medical Center in Bronx, New York. I trained under former games athlete Jessica Pamanian on an individual basis for about 6 months before entering a group class. Then, I bounced between Crossfit Queens and Crossfit eFc. I have been regularly programming and training classes since 2012.
My dream is to combine physical fitness and mental health. I find myself frequently teaching patients about the effects of exercise on the brain because numerous studies have found that regular, intensive forms of exercise are as effective as antidepressant medication and anxiolytics. With my unconditional positive regard for individuals, knowledge in psychology, and love for Crossfit and fitness, I aim to get people through the doors who may have never had the privilege of experiencing a Crossfit community.
CERTIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
- CrossFit Level 2 Trainer
- Burgener Strength Weightlifting Level 1
- USA Weightlifting Sports Performance Coach
- CrossFit Specialty Course: Adaptive Training
- CrossFit Judges Course
- Doctorate of Psychology
- Graduated from The Florida Institute of Technology
- Completed residency at Lincoln Medical Center in Bronx, New York
- Completed high school education in Peru, South America
- Bilingual (parents from Chile and Uruguay)
- CPR, AED, First Aid certified through the American Heart Association
- 2018, 2021 CrossFit Games Masters Coach for Champion Ken Ogden
- Mid-Atlantic CrossFit Challenge Semi-Final Competitor
- 2019 Legends Masters Competition Competitor
- 2020 Wodapalooza RX Team Competitor